Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

*Grabby Hands* Review - Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan

Image and blurb from Goodreads
Title: Idol
(VIP #1)
Author: Kristen Callihan
Publication date: June 7th, 2016
Category/Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.

He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?

Killian

As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.

Until Liberty. She’s grouchy, a recluse—and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who’ve screamed my name.

The world is clamoring for me to get back on stage, but I’m not willing to leave her. I’ve got to find a way to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed. Everything.


Buy LinksAmazon

 

4.5 “Elly May & Lawn bum are fantastic” Stars


I don’t know why I’m surprised since the last time I read a Kristen Callihan book I loved it, but I didn’t expect to fall this hard for Idol, the first book in her VIP series. The thing is, I didn’t only fall in love with the two main characters… I want more of the world Kristen created and all the characters in it.

I’m dying for Mr. Scott’s story (coming next). For Brenna and Rye’s story. Jax, OMG, Jax’s story is going to be phenomenal, I can already tell. I want them all. So, yeah… this book and this VIP world won me over.

In a way, Idol reminded me of a rock-star-falls-for-normal-girl book I read a while ago called A Million Miles Away by Elizabeth Corva (a series that definitely deserves more attention). Like AMMA, Idol felt legit. I could relate to the music/celebrity world Kristen explored. I could understand the problems that she presented. I felt the pain the characters were dealing with. I understood what was happening and could get behind it because everything made sense. It may not look like it, but making the famous/celebrity world real in books isn’t an easy task. It’s too easy to dive into clichés, but I didn’t feel like Kristen did that at all.

But yeah, the main star hear is the romance, as it’s supposed to be. The love story between Liberty, a.k.a Libby or Libs (a recluse living on her own after her parent’s death), and Killian (the lead singer of the bigger rock band in the world who’s broken because of his closest friend’s suicide attempt) is so perfect and beautiful and raw you won’t be able to look away until you read the last page. Don’t worry, you’ll get your well-deserved HEA.

Before you get there, though, you’ll get to meet these two amazing people. Learn about what makes them special—their kind hearts and love for music. Watch them rediscover their passion for life after tragedy took or almost took the people they loved away. Fall in love with them as they fall for each other. Hurt when life throws them apart. Keep your fingers crossed that they come together sooner than later. Well, I felt everything, and I blame it on Kristen’s writing!

The characters were so ridiculously relatable that I didn’t even know what to do with myself as I fell hard for them. They were flawed, but so good on the inside that I couldn’t help but love them no matter what. They had a great sense of loyalty and an even better sense of humor. The freaking chemistry when they were together? Ha. Just ridiculous.

And don’t get me started on the pacing. In this book, it was close to perfect. Everything happened as it was supposed to. Nothing felt rushed. Nothing dragged. In fact, I didn’t want it to end. I wanted more and more, and that teaser with Mr. Scott’s story was pure torture because I’m on hold on the library and the line to get this book is so stupidly long. *cries*

Speaking of crying, while Idol didn’t bring tears of sadness, it brought some of joy because this book was so freaking funny. Libs and Killian had the best chemistry—not just sexually, but that, too—and that means we got some pretty spectacular moments with them interacting, teasing each other and making me laugh.


I can stress enough about how great this book was. Just go read it, please. Then come thank me later. Meanwhile, I’ll be here, slowly dying until I can get my hands on Managed, the second book in the series, featuring too-hot-for-this-world Mr. Scott. Can someone wake me up when I’m next in line?
*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: