Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Release & Review - Quiet Love (Chapters of Love #2) by Helena Rac

Image and blurb from Goodreads

Title: Quiet Love
(Chapters of Love #2)
Author: Helena Rac
Release Date: April 27th, 2017
Age Category/ Genre: Contemporary Romance

Daniel has been best friends with Rose since they were born. He’s been in love with her for years. The only problem? She has no idea, and he’s not about to tell her and ruin their friendship. The solution? Leave Chicago to travel the world, pursue his dream of becoming a photojournalist, and try to forget the red lips that he could kiss for hours. If only she’d let him…

Rose knows true love is out there somewhere; she just has to try hard enough to find it. That’s become more complicated, though, since her best friend Daniel has moved in with her after being away for two years. Somehow thoughts of him keep getting in the way, making her morning showers a little too hot for comfort. If only he’d see…

In Helena Rac’s second novel, best friends become roommates and discover through sloppy towel tucks, stargazing adventures, and a very sexy photo shoot that sometimes love can be found in the most unlikely place: right in front of you.

Goodreads

Buy Links: Amazon

2.5 “Best Friends falling in love” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you!!!

This book didn't do it for me, which is so, so sad.

I thought the premise was really cute--best friends turning into lovers, with the little extra factor of one of them already being in love with his BFF for a long time.

These two aspects should've made this a win, but that wasn't what happened. Unfortunately, I knew I'd have a hard time getting into this story from page one. The writing just wasn't there for me.

I simply couldn't feel connected with the story at all, because I thought it lacked voice. It wasn't that I didn't like Daniel or Rose, but more that I didn't feel like I got to really know them. There was plenty of backstory (so much that it felt info dumpy), but the way the story was delivered didn't make me feel connected.

I also thought the pacing was too slow. There were a bunch of scenes I felt uncessary to the end goal: getting those two together, making Rose notice Daniel the way he'd noticed her years ago. I just kept waiting for things to move much faster than they did.

Having said all of that, I'm in the minority when it comes to this book, so maybe check out other reviews before making a decision. 

*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: