Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Top 10 Tuesday - Ten Books I Loved MoThan I Thought I Would

#Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created & hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Come join us!

This week's theme is: 
Ten Books I Loved More Than I Thought I Would

Since Top 10 Tuesday is officially on hiatus this week, I'll do the option number 2 for the theme last week: books that surprised me in a positive way.


  

This wasn't my first Kristen Callihan book, but I remember taking more than a few minutes before clicking on request when I saw this one. I thought the blurb was interesting, but the book (and the series) was phenomenal. It shouldn't have, but it completely took me by surprise.


The biggest surprise so far, because I knew nothing about this author and only decided to read it because some friends on Goodreads had enjoyed this enemies-to-lovers story. It stole the few hours of my life it took to read this.

Another author I had never heard and a book that exceeded my expectations by miles.
 

This isn't the common romance story, and I didn't know how I'd feel about that magical element in a romance book, but it worked so well, and made this one of the most intriguing romances I read in a while.

This genre is so out of my comfort zone, but this book is hilarious and perfect. My Lady Jane won me over in a way I didn't expect.


I doubted I'd like this book the moment I got it. I have a bad experience with stories about brothers falling in love with the same girl, and I was expecting the author to mess up badly. I was so, so wrong. I mean, so wrong.

Another new author and great surprise. This NA reminded me of why I love this age category so much.

I'm one of those who didn't fall in love with Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles, so I didn't expect to love this book at all. Especially because I don't even like Alice stories that much. I was beyond surprised at how great this story was.

This is another example of why we should give authors a new chance even when we're not impressed with their first book. I rated Jamie Howard's first book right because her debut made me feel--angry at her characters, but still a feeling. Then I read Until It's Right and she changed that anger into major love for one of her characters, something she has managed to do again and again with her following books. I'm so happy I gave Jamie another shot, because she's one of my go-to authors now.
 

New author and a cover that made me think of love triangles, which I don't hate but understand can destroy a story if done badly. But this book was amazing. Amazing.
So, what do you think about these choices? Have you read any of them? Share you opinion bellow

No comments: