Recent Posts

Thursday, January 31, 2019

*Grabby Hands* Release & Review - 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne

Image and blurb from Goodreads
Title: 99 Percent Mine
Author: Sally Thorne
Publication date: January 29th, 2019
Category/Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: William Morrow Paperback
Crush: a strong and often short-lived infatuation, particularly for someone beyond your reach…

Darcy Barrett has undertaken a global survey of men. She’s travelled the world, and can categorically say that no one measures up to Tom Valeska, whose only flaw is that Darcy’s twin brother Jamie saw him first and claimed him forever as his best friend. Despite Darcy’s best efforts, Tom’s off limits and loyal to her brother, 99%. That’s the problem with finding her dream man at age eight and peaking in her photography career at age twenty—ever since, she’s had to learn to settle for good enough.

When Darcy and Jamie inherit a tumble-down cottage from their grandmother, they’re left with strict instructions to bring it back to its former glory and sell the property. Darcy plans to be in an aisle seat halfway across the ocean as soon as the renovations start, but before she can cut and run, she finds a familiar face on her porch: house-flipper extraordinaire Tom’s arrived, he’s bearing power tools, and he’s single for the first time in almost a decade.

Suddenly Darcy’s considering sticking around to make sure her twin doesn’t ruin the cottage’s inherent magic with his penchant for grey and chrome. She’s definitely not staying because of her new business partner’s tight t-shirts, or that perfect face that's inspiring her to pick up her camera again. Soon sparks are flying—and it’s not the faulty wiring. It turns out one percent of Tom’s heart might not be enough for Darcy anymore. This time around, she’s switching things up. She’s going to make Tom Valeska 99 percent hers.


Buy LinksAmazon 


4.5 “Perfect is overrated” Stars

After reading Sally Thorne’s “behind the book” section, I feel a little mad at myself for being mad at her for taking so long to write something new. After all, I’ve been waiting since 2016 for another book.

I know a lot of people have been disappointed by 99 Percent Mine, but I’m not one of them. I loved this book from the first chapter to the very end, which includes two epilogues (one for 99 and another for The Hating Game).

Don’t get me wrong, everyone’s entitled to their opinions, but I don’t get the big shock about Darcy not being the conventional heroine when Lucy from THG was just as quirky. That’s how Sally Thorne writes. Her main characters sound a little confusing at times, but they’re so interesting that I happily ignore that. Besides, they always make me laugh.

Sure Darcy was careless about her health and a little spoiled, but she was also a loyal friend, a supportive person and someone who had been mistreated for a big part of her life, so I wasn’t surprised she had issues. Everyone does. Even Tom, who was supposed to be perfect, had baggage.

But what really kept me up until 4 am was the amazing chemistry between Darcy and Tom. And the angst. Damn, I love angst. And the BFFs to lovers trope. I love that so much. And the slow burn--everyone knows how I feel about this.

I loved this book so much.

I loved alpha both of them were and how incredibly hot and desperate they were for each other.


I could feel Darcy’s love for Tom from the very start, as well as his love for her. And while I’ve seen some people complain about the “other woman” aspect, let me tell you that there isn’t one. Not really at least. It’s pretty clear from the start what the situation between Tom is really like, and Darcy is respectful until she doesn’t need to be anymore. There was no instance when I felt they were considering cheating as an option, and I truly appreciated that.

I only wish Darcy’s relationship with her twin brother Jamie had ended differently—with him at least acknowledging how crappy and unfair he was to her and doing something to change that. I know he has issues, too, but it was awful to watch him talk to her the way he did.

But overall, 99 Percent Mine was definitely worth the wait for me. I don’t know if Sally Thorne is planning on writing another book, but I will be here, anxiously awaiting.

*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: