Recent Posts

Friday, June 23, 2017

*Grabby Hands* Review - The Hot Shot (Game On #4) by Kristen Callihan

Image and blurb from Goodreads

Title: The Hot Shot
(Game On #4)
Author: Kristen Callihan
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: April 17th, 2017
 
First we were friends. Then we were roommates. Now I want more…

What can I say about Chess Copper? The woman is capable of bringing me to my knees. I know this about five minutes after getting naked for her.

No one is more surprised than me. The prickly photographer my team hired to shoot our annual charity calendar isn’t my usual type. She’s defense to my offense, a challenge at every turn. But when I’m with her, all the regrets and darkness goes away. She makes life fun.

I want to know Chess, be close to her. Which is a bad idea.

Chess is looking for a relationship. I’ve never given a woman more than one night. But when fate leaves Chess without a home, I step up and offer her mine. We’re roommates now. Friends without benefits. But it’s getting harder to keep our hands off each other. And the longer we live together the more I realize she’s becoming my everything.

Trick is… Now that I’ve made her believe I’m a bad bet, how do I convince her to give this player a true shot at forever?


Buy Links: Amazon
4.5 “Naked Football Players + Queen of Romance” Stars


Writing reviews for Kristen Callihan books is the easiest thing ever, because all I have to say is: GO READ THIS BOOK.

No. Seriously. This woman simply can’t write a book romance book. She doesn’t have it in her to write anything other than hot sex scenes, complex characters, amazing dynamics and a little angst to go with all of it.

While I was initially a little disappointed to learn that her new book wasn’t a part of the VIP series I love so much (if you haven’t read that series, then do yourself a favor and go get those 2 AMAZING books right the freaking now), after reading The Hot Shot I can officially take that disappointment back.

Sure Kristen writes fantastic rockstar heroes, but she also writes fantastic football player heroes, so we’re good either way.

As book #4 in the Game On series about football players falling in love, The Hot Shot won my heart the moment it introduced the strong, independent and fierce female main character ready to shoot a bunch of hot players without freaking out about it. Chess Cooper is the kind of heroine I can get behind without much thought. She knows who she is, she understands her place in the world, she’s confident and she isn’t playing innocent or dumb in order to get things done. The way she dealt with the players when they started teasing her immediately showed me she wouldn’t let anyone embarrass her, even when their teasing was well-intended.

Falling for Finnegan Mannus—Finn, the hot quarterback—wasn’t any trouble, either. He earned my love with his teasing, his smiles, the way he respected the boundaries Chess set, the way he deeply cared for her, and even the way he treated his teammates. He had all the most important qualities in a leader and a friend, and I had nothing but major respect and love for him. Dude was sexy and nice, a win-win combination.

The love story in this book gave me two of the things I like the most: a little bit of enemies-to-lovers in the beginning, which Finn and Chess’s teasing during the photoshoot, and then friends to lovers as they chose to be friends and fight their attraction as the story progressed. Finn and Chess fell in love as they spent time interacting and talking. This is one of the things I love most about Kristen Callihan’s books. She never rushes them into love. The attraction is always instant, but insta-love is never there.

The Hot Shot is another stunning addition to this author’s body of work, and it only makes me love Kristen Callihan’s writing even more. Now, I’ll just sit and here and (impatiently) wait for the next book in the VIP series, because I’m seriously can’t go on for too long with a romance by one of my favorite authors.
*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: