Recent Posts

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Release & Review - Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata

Image and blurb from Goodreads
Title: Luna and the Lie
Author: Mariana Zapata
Publication Date: December 12th, 2018
Category/Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

The problem with secrets is that they’re too easy to keep collecting.

Luna Allen has done some things she would rather no one ever know about. She also knows that, if she could go back in time, she wouldn’t change a single thing.

With three sisters she loves, a job she (mostly) adores, and a family built up of friends she’s made over the years, Luna figures everything has worked out the way it was supposed to.

But when one of those secrets involves the man who signs her paycheck, she can’t find it in her to regret it. Despite the fact that he’s not the friendliest man in the world. Or the most patient.

Sometimes there are things you’re better off keeping to yourself.


Buy LinkAmazon


3.5 “Slooow burn office romance” Stars

I heard MZ was releasing a new book about the time she made an excerpt for Luna and the Lie available. Of course I read that as soon as I found it online and then the waiting began. It was painful, I'll tell you that. Unfortunately for me, the week the book came out life was kicking my ass, so I had to wait until now to read it. The good news is that I enjoyed it, despite it not being my favorite read by MZ, who's one of my favorite romance authors.

The Queen of Slow Burn delivered the kind of romance she's famous for, but Luna and the Lie might've been a LITTLE too slow for me.


Look, I'm not complaining about the formula MZ uses for her books because I'm a HUGE fan and I live for slow burn, but at times it felt like this book was a little too much about Luna and her struggles and a little less about the romance.

On one hand, I loved Luna, so I enjoyed the scenes about her life and her relationship with the side characters. I know she isn't as outspoken as most of MZ's main character, but let's give the girl a break because everything in her life and past was so messed up and she never ran away from dealing with all that mess. She was a strong person, and I admired her for that. 

On the other hand, I thought some of those scenes about Luna and her life could've been replaced with interactions between Luna and Rip, especially because I feel like Rip needed more time to win me over. I love a grumpy hero as much as the next MZ fan, but Rip was a little too alpha at times. Besides, I needed more groveling after what he said to Luna.

So, while I read this pretty fast for a book so long and I was still left wanting more, I can't say it's my favorite MZ book.
*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: