Recent Posts

Friday, March 16, 2018

*Grabby Hands* Release & Review - High Voltage (Fever #10) by Karen Marie Moning

Image and blurb from Goodreads

Title: High Voltage
(Fever #10)
Author: Karen Marie Moning 
Age Category/Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy
Publication Date: March 6th, 2018
Publisher: Delacorte Press
 
There is no action without consequence…

Dani O’Malley was nine years old when the delusional, sadistic Rowena transformed her into a ruthless killer. Years later, she’s tough, hardened, yet achingly vulnerable and fiercely compassionate, living alone by her own exacting code. Despite the scars on her body, driven by deeper ones carved into her soul, no one is more committed to protecting Dublin. By day, she ensures the safety of those she rescues, by night she hunts evil, dispensing justice swiftly and without mercy, determined to give those she cares for the peace she has never known.

There is no power without price…

When the Faerie Queen used the dangerously powerful Song of Making to heal the world from the damage done by the Hoar Frost King, catastrophic magic seeped deep into the earth, giving rise to horrifying, unforeseen consequences–and now deadly enemies plot in the darkness, preparing to enslave the human race and unleash an ancient reign of hell on Earth.

There is no future without sacrifice…

With the lethal, immortal Ryodan at her side, armed with the epic Sword of Light, Dani once again battles to save the world but her past comes back to haunt her with a vengeance, demanding an unspeakable price for the power she needs to save the human race and no one—not even Ryodan who’d move the very stars for her—can save her this time…


Buy Links: Amazon

4.5 “High Fever" Stars



The Fever series is my favorite book series ever, and I will never get tired of it. That is all.

No. That's not all, obviously. But I won't write a long review because my thoughts are never coherent when it comes to these characters and this world I love so freaking much. All I want to say before is that I miss Mac and Jericho (because, yes, they still are my OTP), I'm completely obsessed with Dani and Ryodan, and I suspect I'm just going into another major book hangover. Honestly, I don't know why I read Fever books right after they're released because it always leaves feeling me depressed at the thought I'll have to wait another year or longer for the next one. I imagine that's how people felt when the Harry Potter books came out (I read them much later on).

So, yeah, this was another winner for me. Sorry for those who don't like Dani and Ryodan. Sorry for those who think KMM should've ended the series after the first 5 brilliant books. Sure they haven't been as spectecular, but when you have a world like the one she created and characters that can make you feel as much as they do after ten books, I have to say: Keep writing!

One thing, though. High Voltage read a lot more like fantasy romance than urban fantasy, but see the gif bellow if you think I cared:



This book gave me ALL THE RIGHT FREAKING FEELS, so I'm using gifs for the rest of my review. This was me when:

1. Chapter One ended



2. Dani thought about Ryodan:



3. Shazam was Shazam:



4. Chapter Seventeen happened and almost gave me a heart attack:




5. Chapter Twenty brought me Dani's dress and that car ride:



6. Jericho made a brief appearance:


7. Mac made an even briefer (is that a word?) appearance:



8. This quote gave me life: "He ran his thumb over the screen as if he might somehow touch Mac through it. And I thought, Holy hell, Jericho Barrons has a…not a vulnerability but yes, that. A weakness, a need. Mac. I’d seen it in her, too."



9. The letter revealed more about Ryodan's actions:



10. Every time Lor talked:



11. Chapter Thirty-One tried to end my life:




12. Chapter Thirty-Four finally brought me the words I wanted to hear:



13. All the other POV chapters got in the way of my ship time:



14. The villain was dealt with in one page:



15. Dani "evolved" and learned the truth of what she was/could do:



16. The Shazam twist came:



17. Roydan thought it was an illusion:



18. Everything about the last chapter and epilogue happened and just gave me life back:


19. I realize Fever #11 had no release date yet:



*If you liked this review (or not), if you read the book (or not), come say hello and leave your comments bellow.

No comments: